Use Customer Profiles to group customers with similar credit worthiness, business volume, and payment cycles. For each profile class you can define information such as credit limits, payment terms, statement cycles, invoicing, and discount information. You can also define amount limits for your finance charges, dunning, and statements for each currency in which you do business.
Define your standard customer profiles in the Customer Profile Classes window. These profiles contain generic options you can use to group your customers into broad categories. For example, you might define three categories: one for prompt paying customers with favorable credit limits; one for late paying customers with high finance charge rates; and a third for customers who mostly pay on time, with discount incentives for early payment. You can also use the profile class ‘DEFAULT,’ which the system provides.
Assign a profile class to each of your customers and addresses in the Customers window. The customer profile class you assign provides the default values, then you can optionally customize these values to meet your specific requirements for each customer or address. If a profile is assigned to both a customer and one of that customer’s addresses, the options set for the address take precedence over those set at the customer level.
Setting up Customer Credit Check
- Receivables Super user Responsibility
- Navigate: Customers à Customers
- Query the Customer for whom you want to Setup Credit Hold/Check.
- Select the Customer for whom you wish to setup Credit Hold.
- Select Site.
- Click on the Profile Amounts.
- Enter the amount in the Credit Limit and Order Credit Limit Field.
- What is Credit Limit: Over all credit limit for the customer. Once the credit crosses this limit, then one cannot book the order for this customer
- What is Order Limit: Limit set for per Order. Once the order is made for the amount more than that is prescribed as limit, then the order is booked but will be put on HOLD.
- Note: When required, Hold needs to be released by the Manager.
Quick Codes for Customer Profile, Statement Cycles, Dunning Letters, Collectors, Payment Terms, Auto Cash Rule Sets, System Options, Grouping Rules & Currencies